Safety Power Audit for Orlando Homes
Did you know that the reliability of your home electrical system can significantly break down over time? If your home is 10+ years old, certain components can expire, like smoke detectors. Others can wear out and not function properly, like light switches. You may even have loose receptacles. Take our Home Safety Quiz to find out whether your home electrical system may pose a risk to your family:
- Is your home more than 20 years old?
- Has your home had a major addition or renovation, or major new appliance added, such as a refrigerator, freezer, air conditioner, or electric furnace in the last 10 years?
- Are you the owner of a previously owned home?
- Do your lights flicker or dim intermittently?
- Do your circuit breakers trip or fuses blow often?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it is highly recommended that you schedule a Safety Power Audit for your home.
Professional Home Safety Tips
Here are some safety tips you can practice yourself to make sure you can prevent electrical hazards from happening:
- Check electric cords often for damage. Have damaged cords repaired right away. Worn cords can cause shock, short circuit or fire.
- Pull the plastic housing of the electric plug to take it out of the wall socket. Never pull on the cord.
- Do not overload electric outlets with too many items plugged in at once.
- Water and electricity do not mix. Do not operate electric appliances such as radios or hair dryers near a bathtub or sink full of water.
- Never stick anything except electric plugs into electric outlets.
- Unplug any appliance that emits sparks or that does not work properly.
- Always unplug an appliance before cleaning or repairing it.
- Always unplug the toaster or other appliance when removing a piece of stuck food.
- Remember that a turned-off appliance is still connected to electricity until it is unplugged.
- Limit use of extension cords. Make sure the cord is the appropriate size for use. Some appliances or equipment require heavy-duty cords.
Safety is something we take seriously at A-Lumination Electric. Our Safety Power Audit includes a complete safety inspection by a licensed electrician to give you peace of mind, and protect your home against the dangers of shock and fire. Contact us today at (407) 917-1792.